Cold War Studies is proud to announce the publication of our new e-book titled COLD WAR UNVEILED: ARMS RACE TO ZDANOV DOCTRINE. Subscribe to Cold War Studies to get your FREE COPY. Just use the sign-up form in the sidebar or at the end of this post.
COLD WAR UNVEILED: ARMS RACE to ZDANOV DOCTRINE is meant to provide a quick, easy to read, introduction to the complex Cold War concepts dominating the last half of the 20th century.
From the end of World War II in 1945 until the ultimate collapse of the Soviet Union in 1990, the world was polarized by a global rivalry between two wartime allies, the Soviet Union and the United States. The Cold War’s impact was global in scope and created divisions based on free world orientation, socialist orientation, or nonalignment. The legacy of this conflict continues to shape the geopolitics at work in our world today.
The legacy of the Cold War is still with us as we confront the problems of today’s world:
- the complex relationship between Russia and the United States;
- the residue from wars in Afghanistan and Iraq;
- the continuing American embargo and travel restrictions in place regarding Cuba;
- the nuclear stalemate with Iran;
- the drain of military expenditures on strained economies;
- the sway of the defense establishment on public policy decision-making.
Whether you want to shine at a cocktail party or pass an exam, Cold War Unveiled is the illustrated primer you need to achieve your goal! Subscribe to Cold War Studies for IMMEDIATE FREE ACCESS!!